Skip to main content

Will Colleges Return to Campus For Fall 2020 Semester?


Will Colleges Return to Campus For Fall 2020 Semester?

     The big answer all college students are waiting to hear is that we are able to return to our college campuses this fall for a normal semester. However, at this point in time, colleges are unable to make that decision. The constant unknown related to Covid-19 will allow these decisions to be made at the last minute possible.


     Some colleges such as Boston University have already realized that it may be unrealistic to open in the Fall of 2020. They have already expressed to their students and faculty that they are aiming to open up the campus in full for the spring semester, which would begin in January 2021. Ultimately, they would like to open up in the fall, but they take the safety of their students very seriously and would never put them in a dangerous situation. 
    The amount of uncertainty tied to the coronavirus is what is keeping colleges from making their official decisions. This virus changes constantly, so colleges are waiting until the last possible minute to make a decision on whether or not they will open up their campuses or stay with online remote learning. If the virus becomes somewhat controlled, our society may be able to function as normal again and colleges may be able to go back to on-campus learning. 



     I definitely agree with Boston University, in that I would not want to go back to school unless it was completely safe. I know High Point University is taking all the necessary precautions when it comes to this virus. I believe High Point University will make the right decision for its students and faculty because I know they genuinely care for their campus community. In the Fall 2020 semester, I will be a senior. As a senior, it would be my dream to go back to school in the Fall. I would do anything to be able to go back to the HPU campus and learn in the classrooms. I miss my college experience tremendously. I would be devastated if the decision was made that I cannot be back on campus for the fall semester. However, I would also know that decision was ultimately the right one to make. On April 29th, the President of HPU discussed how they are doing everything they can in order to have the students return to the campus in August. I am so proud of my university for trying to find a safe and secure way for us to return to campus. My campus is cautiously optimistic to make a full return, but as of right now that decision is still up in the air. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of the U.S. Supreme Court

THE POWER OF THE U.S. SUPREME COURT      As I was watching this video about the U.S. Supreme Court, there are many tactics I learned that the Supreme Court performs that I never knew before. This video explained to me the everyday life of the nine justices and the ways in which they come up with their overall decisions.       The Supreme Court was made in order to draw the boundaries of governmental power. The Supreme Court's main focus is to interpret the U.S. Constitution into everyday life issues and cases. John Marshall played a very crucial part in making the Constitution a key part of the judicial system. The nine justices' job is to use the words of the Constitution in order to solve problems that are occurring over 200 years later. The nine justices would use the same approach for each case in order to be as straight and fair as possible. Every petition gets the same individual consideration. They receive about 7,000 cases a year. The...

Privacy, Online & Off

Privacy, Online & Off      Technology allows us to connect with people from all over the world. However, sometimes technology doesn't allow us to choose who we want to connect with and share our information with. Online privacy is a massive issue within our digital society today. Some information we ourselves expose to the outside world, while other information is leaked to the outside world without us even knowing. I watched three separate TED talks about how our online privacy isn't as secure as we would imagine it to be.      The first TED Talk video I watched was called "Your Online Life, Permanent as a Tattoo". In this TED Talk, Juan Enriquez talks about just like tattoos, your social media profiles speak for themselves. People can make judgments and assumptions about the type of person who is based upon what is posted on your online profiles. Enriquez calls our social media profiles, electronic tattoos. These electronic tattoos are b...

Disney Parks

Disney Parks & Covid-19       Covid-19 has taken a toll on our society as a whole, especially in the most magical place on earth. Disney World and Disneyland have both had to close due to the coronavirus outbreak. Disney is all about bringing together individuals from all over the world to celebrate light and laughter together. There is never a dull moment in Disney, it is constantly packed with people making memories with their friends and family. Everywhere you go to in Disney, you are surrounded by tons of people enjoying the same Disney stories as you. However, because of the presence of the virus, we don't even know if Disney will ever be the same again.       Disney World and Disneyland are taking very cautious measures to make that when they do reopen the parks that their customers are completely safe. Disney World is focusing on reopening in stages to make sure they are being extra careful. They plan to reopen up to 75 percen...