Skip to main content

About Ally!


About Me!

Hi classmates! My name is Alexandra D'Arpino, but I go by Ally for short! I am from Long Island, New York. I am specifically from a town called Syosset, which is on the north short part of Long Island. I come from a very close-knit Italian family back home, so my family is very important to me. I am a junior here at High Point University. I am majoring in strategic communications and minoring in sales. I have just recently this year changed my major to strategic communications!

The focus of my studies here at High Point University is to learn how to create communication campaigns and strategies. After my time at High Point University has come to an end, I hope to work within the health communication industry, working to create health campaigns to make our society a little healthier! I also would love to work in the social media industry as well, doing beauty and fashion campaigns.


My hobbies outside of the class include Greek life, hanging with friends, and SoulCycle! I am a part of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority here on campus. I am currently the Academic chair of my sorority for the 2020 academic year. I also enjoy working out and staying fit. I love to take spin and dance cardio classes. It is a great way for me to stay healthy and clear my mind whenever I’m stressed. 

I am very excited to take this Media Law & Literacy Class because I enjoy both writing and communications. I feel that this class is a mix of the two. I am very excited to learn about how communication and law intertwine through this class!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Exam Post

Positives & Negatives of Technology  Technology is one of the greatest inventions this world has ever seen. Technology has allowed our society to thrive in all different subjects. It has allowed us to learn new ideas and opinions in a split second. We are able to keep up with what is going on in the world around us at all times. Although technology has connected us all together, it has also drifted us apart as well. Technology is permanent, it never forgets your mistakes. Technology allows people to destroy the lives of others with a click of a button. Technology can be both very helpful, but it also can be very hurtful to society. Throughout these two videos, I learned a lot about technology as a whole. Technology was developed to improve mankind. It was made to provide society with a simpler path to commerce and communication. In many ways, it did just that. Technology has allowed some of the greatest inventions,  such as cell phones, GPS, and computers. However, technolo

Diffusions of Innovations

The Innovation of Snapchat    Snapchat is a mobile app that allows people to send pictures and videos to each for only a short period of time. It was created and displayed to the public in 2011.  The co-founder of Snapchat, Evan Siegel, created this app as a way to encourage a natural flow of interaction through the use of images. It allows you to have a private person-to-person conversation through the use of timed images. They're all different types of filters you can put on your images in order to make your conversations fun and interesting!    I think the reason, why the idea of Snapchat has caught on and spread quickly throughout the world, is because it gives you the ability to express yourself through a unique conversation. All the different filters within Snapchat allow people to be their real and funny self by not having to take conversations so seriously. The use of the different components on Snapchat caused the app to spreadly widely over social media beca

Breaking Twitter News

Breaking Twitter News On February 3rd, 2019, a massive security incident occurred on Twitter where people's phone numbers became matched to their username, leading people's personal information to be exposed all over Twitter.  A large network of fake accounts hacked into Twitter's API system and matched usernames to phone numbers. This process is known as scraping, in that fake accounts focus on collecting huge numbers of people's personal information and share it all over social media networks. Scraping is highly against Twitter's terms of service. It is completely illegal to gather and access information that way. The fake accounts were linked to several different countries, such as Malaysia, Iran, and Israel. Twitter released a statement tweet on their site that day explaining how they have corrected the issue, and they are going to embark on an extensive investigation to make sure this event doesn't occur again.     These types of scandal